FreeFTP is a multi-threaded FTP client with the
look-and-feel of Windows Explorer, it makes moving files between the
Internet and your computer as simple as local file
What's new in Version 2 ?
- If you have problems while connecting to a server, you can configure
FreeFTP to automatically retry if the connection attempt fails. You
can specify the number of times it should try to connect, and the time
delay between connection attempts.
- All file transfer requests are handled in the background, so you
don't have to wait while files copy to continue browsing the current
server. You can even connect to a different server, while file transfers
on another server are still in progress.
- The Transfer Manager shows all file transfers currently in progress
plus the ones that are in the queue. You can configure how many
transfers are processed simultaneously, so you don't run out of
- FreeFTP uses the Windows 9x/NT/XP style list boxes for
displaying the contents of remote servers. With all familiar system
icons and context menus.
- Full Drag and Drop support. Simply drag one or more files or even
complete folders onto FreeFTP's file view area to transfer them to
the location of the server that is currently connected.
- Easily configure FTP site settings, like username, password, port,
initial remote folder, number of retries and default download folder.
- Resume support for download and upload!
- CERN Proxy support.
- Customizable toolbar.
- Favorites menu.
- Local browser for easier drag and drop.
- Transfer Manager and Trace are now dockable.
- Upload and download queues have been totally rewritten for much
- Transfers can be forced to parallel execution (instead of the
- Send custom FTP commands to the server.
- Sites can now be organized in folders using the Site Manager and are
saved in XML.
- Move files and folders on the FTP server.
- And much more!
Choose one of the following topics: Configuration